Artist Collective Membership
Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) is a nonprofit visual arts center dedicated to leading the advancement of the book as an evolving art form. MCBA is committed to fostering a creative community of book artists and appreciators. We lead the field by promoting innovation, sustaining traditions, educating new enthusiasts, inspiring creative expression, and honoring artistic excellence.
MCBA provides critical studio access through its Artist Collective, comprised of dedicated artists working in papermaking, paper marbling, letterpress printing, screen printing, bookbinding, and related arts. Artists must have sufficient training to work independently and safely in the studio areas they wish to utilize. Through this program, members have access to clean and well-maintained artist studios, rare equipment, exhibition opportunities, and participation in an eclectic community of fellow artists
· 24-hour access to the MCBA studios and library
· Preferred press access on Open Studio nights
· On-site storage: one shelf and one locker
· The opportunity to show work in the annual Artist Collective exhibition in MCBA’s Main Gallery
· The opportunity to participate in Art-Share sessions with MCBA staff and Artist Collective members
· 70/30 consignment-split on accepted work in The Shop at MCBA
· 50% discount on MCBA workshops (by registering two weeks in advance of a workshop’s start date; Artist Collective members still pay full supply fee)
Artist Collective Monthly Membership Rates
ARTIST COLLECTIVE MEMBERSHIP RATE: $165
COLLEGE STUDENT AND RECENT GRADUATE MEMBERSHIP: $115
- To foster the future of the field, MCBA offers a discounted rate on Artist Collective membership for degree-seeking college students and recent graduates of university programs. Dues are $115 per month for degree-seeking students and recent graduates for up to five years after graduation.
SHORT TERM MEMBERSHIP: A limited number of short-term memberships (minimum of three months to a maximum of five months) may be available, based on studio capacity. Short-term membership dues are $195 per month. Member cannot defer during short term membership.
ARTIST COLLECTIVE FELLOWSHIPS: The Artist Collective Fellowship offers studio space and membership in MCBA’s Artist Collective for one year in exchange for providing support and helping to maintain the studios during our Open Studio program. Open Studios are held every Tuesday from 4-9 pm, and provide artists with regular, low-cost access to our studios and equipment outside of workshops and classes. Four selected fellows will work each Tuesday from 6-9 pm, totaling 12-15 hours per month. In exchange, Fellows receive 24/7 studio access, a shelf and a locker, and the opportunity to show work in the Artist Collective exhibition.
Contact MCBA's Exhibitions and Artist Programs Manager at Terin@mnbooks.org with any questions about membership guidelines, fees, or benefits.